Who is Peter Vickory?
Peter is an accomplished senior executive with experience driving business across new, established and developing markets, in financial services and operations, living and working across UK, South Africa, USA, Botswana and UAE. Proven banker offering a strong reputation for delivering ground-breaking business results, large-scale ventures, and talented teams focused on surpassing objectives within competitive platforms. Enjoyed a unique mix of professional and academic successes including attainment of billion-dollar targets as well completion of executive programmes at Cambridge University and Harvard Business School. Started in banking at 16 and was Barclays UK’s youngest Director at 26, managing 4,000 people and 400 branches.
• Transformed largest bank in the continent service from bottom to top ranked, resulting in double digit product market share growth and leading employee engagement results.
• Continuously delivered aggressive business improvements in the UK, including over 19% compound income growth over five years having embedded a sustainable sales culture, with clear processes, systems, campaigns and training.
• Strategically led 4,000 team members, servicing over 1.5 million customers and delivering new revenue generation target of £60M (balance sheet of £8B Liabilities, £6B Assets, and £39M costs).
• Exceeded £5B mortgage target, increasing market share by 2.5% and 20% above housing market increases.
• Managed nine African countries and grew profits by 90%.
• Sales and Service Director for over 17,000 UK people – delivering record results.
• Spearheaded operations of over 1,000 branches and all distribution channels located in various countries, including: UK, Africa, USA, Botswana, and UAE.